The body is a miraculous thing. It regulates your breathing, pumps your heart, digest’s your food all without any conscious help from you. If that isn’t enough, it also offers you a free gym membership to the gym of you. Your body can function as an elliptical trainer, a bench press machine or even that funky thigh master gadget if you so choose. And the perks are many.
Like Personal Growth on Facebook
The benefits of your body as a gym are:
- It’s portable
- Membership is free
- Exercises can be easily modified to be harder or easier
- It allows for both cardio and strength training
- There is no equipment necessary or any wait time for machines or free weights
- It’s convenient: you always have your body with you and available to workout
If you’re accustomed to working out in a gym, here are some body weight only exercises that can be used to replace common gym exercises.
- Triceps Dips
2. Crab Walk
4. Wall sit
5. Overhand Body Pulls Using A Fence Or Railing
7. Single-Leg Deadlift Without Weights
8. Sliding Hand-To-Knee Crunches
This is only a small sample of bodyweight only exercises. There are many more and numerous variations on several exercises to bring your workout to the next level. Take a spin with your personal gym and see how you like it.