If you feel that trying to lose weight is an unfair battle, then think again. Consider this… if every single day you could do something that contributes to burning 500 calories a day, it would give you a total weekly burn of 3500 calories that equals approximately 1lb (pound). This now begins to make the prospect of being able to lose a pound in a week not as hard as you first thought.
Like Personal Growth on Facebook
Here is a list of activities that can each help you to burn 500 calories. Take this as an idea, choose 7 of them and do one a day over the course of the week as you work towards losing that 1 lb (pound). And then, you can choose another 7 other activities to lose another pound the following week… And you can keep on going with this until you reach your weight loss goal.
1. 2-hour walk. Or at least 10,000 steps a day
to get maximum benefits from
your walking regime.
2. 45-minute jog
3. 60-minutes of moderate cycling
4. 45-minute swim. It can be both fun and relaxing plus it has amazing health benefits.
5. 1 hour 30 min on a cross-trainer
6. 50 minutes walking up and down the stairs (or on the Stairmaster)
7. 40 minutes of kettlebell workout
8. Rope jumping for 45 minutes
9. 50 minute Hula-Hoop workout
10. 2 hour Power Yoga class
11. 90 minute Pilates class
12. 1 hour 10 minutes of weightlifting. So grab those dumbbells you can’t afford not to!
13. 30 minutes of high impact aerobics
14. 90 jumping jacks + 70 crunches + 60 squats + 10 push ups + 50 leg lifts
15. 2 hours of bowling
16. 65 minutes skiing or snowboarding
17. Or 50 minutes of cross country skiing
18. An hour of dancing
19. 40-minutes rock climbing. And you may learn some valuable life lessons in the process too.
20. An hour of rowing
21. 1 hour 30 minutes of horse riding
22. 2 hours of playing tennis
23. Surfing for 1 hour
24. Playing beach volleyball (or basketball) for an hour.
25. 1 hour of racquetball
26. 2 hour workout with a heavy bag (punching bag)
27. 90 minute kayak ride
28. 40 minutes of martial arts
29. 2.5 hours playing golf
30. 1 hour and 10 minutes of ice skating
31. 3 hours of shopping (but no taking escalators)
32. 50 minutes of shoveling snow
33. Gardening for an hour and a half.
34. Cleaning the house for 2 hours. And cleaning can not only help you lose weight but will also make you happier. So get started, clean your way to happiness!
35. Giving someone a 2 hour long massage
36. Working under the hood of an automobile for 1 hour
37. Mowing the lawn for an hour
38. Helping someone move and carry stuff (for 2 hours). That is a good exercise plus can count as one of your regular random acts of kindness 😉
39. Stop eating nuts (only 3 handfuls have 500 calories)
40. Have a big glass of water about 15 minutes before your meal. Drinking water is an easy and healthy way to lose pounds.
41. Going out? Then swap coke for diet coke, have a water between every drink, and order drinks mixed with club soda instead of juices.
42. Skip the chips (there are over 1000 calories in one bag of potato chips)
43. Eat noodles instead of pasta.
44. Be careful with smoothies. Even though they have many vitamins a large smoothie can also have as many as 800 calories!
45. Don’t snack.
46. Quench your thirst with water instead of soda (which has around 180 calories in a 12-ounce can)
47. Eat boiled eggs for breakfast instead of fried ones. Or swap out eggs for egg whites.
48. Swap out brown rice for broccoli or cauliflower
49. Take a break from mayo and creamy cheese
50. Choose sugar-free sips. In fact, cut your sugar intake altogether with these 4 simple strategies.
51. And finally, get more sleep. Many studies have shown that it plays a huge role in weight loss.