It’s pumpkin time! This lovely fall icon is rich in fiber and beta-carotene (ie. the stuff that gives a healthy boost to your vision, heart health and immune system)… So go ahead and indulge in this delicious seasonal twist on chili!
Like Personal Growth on Facebook
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 15 oz can organic black beans
- 1 15 oz can organic roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 15 oz can organic pumpkin purée
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and peppers until tender.
- Add turkey and cook until just browned.
- Add spices, beans, diced tomatoes and pumpkin purée.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for 30 min.
- Serve with avocado slices, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and fresh cilantro or your choice of garnish.
Like What You've Read?