We can’t deny how refreshing the beginning of a new year is. A chance to start over with a blank canvas to reach out to our biggest goals and dreams. A time to create, pursue or change what is no longer working for us. It is still the beginning of the year and I wanted to share some really helpful and healthy tips to help set the tone for a fantastic and fulfilling year to come.
This article will be covering very helpful yet easy tips on health and fitness, wellness and life that I have been helping many others with to live their best life. Today we kick it off with my top health and fitness tips that I have been helping many of my clients with to get amazing results. It does not have to be complicated. Remember to keep things simple when first starting out.
You can always start fresh. It’s still a new year and a new you!
5 Health And Fitness Tips That Will Change Your Life
1. Drink more water. Drink half your bodyweight in ounces. Yes, that is correct. Drinking enough water helps you lose weight, boost energy, have healthier skin, fights infection and flushes out toxins in your body and that is to just name a few. Have water with you everywhere you go so you are prepared.
2. Move your body for at least 10- 30 minutes (or more!) a day. Find something you love. Be open to trying new things and switch up your workout routine. Incorporate strength training, cardio, flexibility and stretching. If you are wanting more heart health, consider a good heart rate push by incorporating some high intensity workouts at least once a week. Keep in mind that a brisk walk or a relaxing yoga class is also a fantastic start.
3. Don’t eat too much and don’t eat too little. This will keep your metabolism happy and healthy. Eat a hearty and protein packed breakfast, healthy lunch and a lighter dinner. Have nutritious and ready to go snacks available for those busy days and when those cravings strike. Always pack healthy meals and have plenty of healthy snacks on hand like nuts, veggies and hummus, whole ingredient and low in sugar snack bars like Kind, gluten free crackers, organic fruit or hard boiled eggs. This does take planning on your end, so map it out for success by taking your healthy options with you wherever you may go.
4. Think “Homemade in and Chemicals Out!” Replace processed foods with more real foods. When shopping, look for foods with short ingredient lists with names you can pronounce. Try these swaps: Swap canned soup for homemade, swap processed sugar for an all natural choice and swap any food that is boxed for real and organic foods not in a box. It can be that simple. Aim to really eat a rainbow throughout the day and more plant foods too. If you do not have time to make something from scratch, no worries. Just look for brands that are organic and non gmo. Keep your eyes out for the “non gmo project verified” label that is on all brands that are non gmo.
5. Sleep 8 hours a night. Sleep is so important and often not taken the most seriously. The better you sleep the better you feel, operate and look. This also will help you to stay motivated to eat a healthier diet and workout regularly. Your cravings for carbs and sugar will also not be as strong if you are well rested. Plus you will be in a pleasant mood for the entire day. That will make you and everyone around you, happier!
Wishing you much health, happiness and joy!