First dates are always exciting and awkward at the same time. There’s a whole new person in front of you, you want to know everything about them and you want to tell them everything about you, but you don’t want to look too eager or too overwhelmed.
Like Personal Growth on Facebook
There’s always that fine balance between being excited about it and looking forward to it on one hand and wanting to appear cool and composed on the other. And then there’s the whole discussion about where we should go, what we should do?
Should we get just drinks instead of dinner in case it turns out we don’t really like the other person; therefore we don’t want to be stuck with them for hours. Or should we just take the plunge and go for dinner hoping for the best?
While most people will go with the safe drinks or dinner for a first date, there are many more ideas out there that will not only give you a chance to get to know the other person, but will guarantee a good time even if the date is not the best match.
1. Hiking. If you live in a place where going hiking is quite a challenge, then choose a walk in the park or along the beach. You’ll get a chance to do something active while talking to your date, which will take away from the stress of the first date. And if the date goes really well, you can always have some snacks ready to go and have a little picnic outdoors.
2. Museums Or Art Galleries. If you’re an art lover, it will give you a chance to show off a little bit without sounding too pompous. And if both of you turn out to be art lovers, well the conversation will just keep flowing.
3. Zoo Or Aquarium. Most adults haven’t been to the zoo since they were children so why not take this opportunity to explore it with a person you’re trying to get to know. It will give you plenty of things to talk about and you can always refer back to that time when you saw the elephants getting their bath on your first date.
4. Bowling. Before you discard this one as boring, set yourself up for a challenge. The most fun I’ve ever had bowling was one time when we decided we all had to play with our non-dominant hands. Talk about an adventure. Plus you already get an idea of how your potential partner reacts when in a somewhat uncomfortable situation.
5. Roller-skating Or Ice-skating. Going to the rink doesn’t require tremendous skills even if you have never done it before or haven’t done it in a long time. Plus, what better chance to hold your date’s hand and guide them through the crowd if you’re a little more skilled.
6. Kayaking Or Paddle Boarding. Another sport that requires minimum skills and allows you to talk while engaging in it. Plus you can always get a double kayak and make it more romantic.
7. Arcade. There’s something utterly romantic and wonderful about going to an arcade. It releases your competitive spirit in the most adorable way. Plus it gives you a lot of reasons to talk about your childhood and already get an idea of if your partner sees children as part of his/her life or not.
8. Visit A Landmark. If you’re in NY go to The Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, or the new World Trade Center Building. Sometimes when you’ve been in a place for a long time, you forget what it’s like to be a tourist and enjoy all the beauties of it.
9. Kart Racing. It will pump your adrenaline, give you a chance to show off your competitive spirit and it’s a lot of fun.
10.Trivia Night. These random trivia nights are not only fun, but they also give you an insight into what your date likes, how interested they are in general knowledge facts, whether they have one passion or another.
What are your favorite ideas for a first date? Did you have first dates that turned out to be amazing just because they were unusual?