Detoxing the body has a great number of benefits. It helps with weight loss, boosts energy, rids the body of excess waste, improves skin and hair, and helps with the general sense of wellbeing.
Like Personal Growth on Facebook
But sometimes trying to choose from the great number of detox water recipes on the internet can be hard. You might not have all the ingredients to make a specific detox drink. This is why we have prepared for you this list of all the ingredients you can use to make your detox water.
Here is how it works:
- Choose 2 or more ingredients from the list below.
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher with 12 oz of water.
- Allow the ingredients to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Detox waters are best if you let the water infuse for at least 1 hour, so be patient 🙂
- Drink throughout the day or discard after 24 hours.
- Remember to avoid alcohol and caffeine when you are on a detox diet.
51 Mix & Match Ingredients:
Citrus fruits are the most detoxifying fruits because of their acid content. But they also help burn fat and reduce cellulite, boost the immune system and cleanse the skin.
Use ½ of a fruit chopped or sliced.
Other fruits. Citrus fruits are not the only ones that are good for detoxifying your body. Here are some others that have great health benefits.
7. Watermelon (Cubbed, 2 cups). Contains citrulline that helps the liver and kidneys filter and get rid of ammonia, giving them an overall boost. As well, watermelons are one of the 10 foods that boost energy.
8. Pineapple (4-5 large chunks). Boosts immunity, improves digestion and is effective at dealing with those sugar cravings.
9. Mango (1 small one, peeled and sliced). Mango tastes delicious and aids concentration and memory.
10. Apple (1 small chopped into small cubes or sliced). Apples contain significant levels of pectin helping clear the body of toxins faster.
11. Avocado (1/2 chopped). Avocados are loaded with fiber which is important for weight loss and metabolic health. And there are 6 other surprising ways avocados can improve your health.
12. Pomegranate (Crushed seeds of 1 pomegranate) has many powerful health benefits. Did you know that this fruit contains more antioxidants than green tea?
Berries are big on antioxidants. They can improve your health, protect your skin and hair.
Just choose half a cup or a cup of your favourite berries (you can mix and match these ones as well).
19. Açai berries
20. Goji berries
Vegetables. Yes, you do not have to stick to berries and fruits. These 4 vegetables are great in detox diets.
22. Cucumber (half, thinly sliced) has anti-inflammatory qualities and helps you to stay hydrated.
23. Beet (one, peeled and chopped) is rich in Vitamin A and helps ward off free radicals. Beets also purify the blood and deeply cleanse the liver.
24. Kale (1 cup, chopped into tiny pieces) is a superfood rich in vitamins, it’s a good source of vitamins B6, B2 and E, as well as dietary fiber, calcium, and potassium.
25. Romaine lettuce (1 head, chopped) is a highly nutritious leafy green that is rich in protein, iron, calcium, omega-3s and vitamin A.
Herbs and spices. Add a little extra to your detox drink with herbs and spices of your choice.
26. Mint (2-3 leaves) is the most popular one. It aids in digestion as well sweetens the detox water, making it taste better.
27. Cinnamon (1 Teaspoon)
28. Grated ginger root (1/2 inch knob)
29. Fresh rosemary (couple of springs)
30. Lemongrass (1/2 cup, finely chopped)
31. Wheatgrass (Freeze-dried, 7 teaspoons)
32. Coriander (A small bunch)
33. Dandelion (1 organic root teabag)
34. Watercress (A handful)
35. Turmeric (1/4 -1/2 tablespoon)
36. Parsley (A small bunch)
37. Cayenne pepper ( 1/10 of a teaspoon)
38. Sea salt (just a dash)
39. Cilantro (1 small bunch)
Liquids. Water does not have to be the only liquid ingredient of your detox drinks. This is what you can use as well (on its own or in addition to water).
40. Green tea (cold, 1 glass)
41. Squeezed orange juice (1 cup)
42. Coconut water (1 cup)
43. Oatmeal water (4 tablespoons). To make oatmeal water boil some water, add oatmeal, cook for 20 minutes, cool down and strain out the oatmeal. Oatmeal water is a great metabolicregulator and cleanses whatever excess our body contains. It is also low in calories and reduces cholesterol.
44. Apple Cider Vinegar (1-2 Tablespoon)
45. Fresh Lemon Juice (1 Tablespoon)
46. Aloe gel (2 tablespoons) circulation and digestion, increases energy
47. Ice (ok, not a liquid, but will make your drink look and taste even better)
48. Honey is the healthiest option. It can improve and extend your life.
49. 1/2 Teaspoon sweetener
50. Sugar syrup
51. Organic maple syrup (2 tablespoons)
Photo Credit: Citrus Fruits, Mangoes, Cucumber.