Wellness is such a big part of living a full and whole life. Below are some great reminders that will help you on your journey to achieving wellness and connection. The best part is they are very easy to add in your routine.
Like Personal Growth on Facebook
1. Read more books than you did in 2015 and play more games. We live in an age where we really must “unplug” from all the gadgets and stay in the present moment. Play board games with your kids and sit in your hammock with a great book. Put all the appliances away just for an hour. Just doing this you will feel more relaxed and calm.
2. Realize you are here to learn and also teach. Find what you are good at and now ask yourself “how can I help teach this to others?” Pay it forward and teach others something you are good at or what you learned as a wise lesson that can help someone else. This will help be a very rewarding habit to make.
3. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. This does not have to be intense. Just take a moment for yourself with no distractions to tune back into you. Breathe in, breathe out and practice living in gratitude. A meditation practice is great for you on all levels. Even if you can carve out just 5 minutes that is fantastic! You will be more clear afterwards and do better work with this tip.
4. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful. I like to go around my house and look at things or clothes and honestly ask: “Do I need this or do I really wear t
his?” If the answer is no, I donate it to make someone else happy. Just be honest with yourself. Chances are you really don’t use it and can make space for something new and exciting to show up in your life.
5. Live with the 5 A’s – Appreciation, Affection, Acceptance, Awareness and Attention. Give these gifts to the people you love and you will see how nice they treat you in return. Every single person wants to be seen, heard and accepted. These are not always easy at first but practicing them makes you much more aware.
What are your favorite ways to unwind and find wellness in your life?